Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Mashed Potatoes with Herbed Chevre and Roasted Red Pepper


I have a fingernail on my "swear finger" that seems to be infected (or something). Since I'm a touch-typist, every time I hit the keys "E", "D" and "C", I'm saying "ouch!" (Yes, that was three extra-ouches just typing those keys.)

This recipe I made up in my head this afternoon. I had this 4 oz herbed chevre' (goats cheese) package in the fridge expecting to use it in another recipe about five (ouch!) days before. I didn't make it after all and wondered about using it with mashed potatoes all afternoon today. The entree was served with a marinated salmon roasted with lemon slices and a garden salad, so the potatoes went nicely together.

I googled "mashed potatoes chevre" and came up with one disappointing recipe. I decided to strike out on my own and did this instead:

5 med/large potatoes, peeled and chunked
1 clove garlic, minced and pasted
3 tsp garlic/pepper blend
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp sour cream
3 spring onions, chopped
4 large filets of roasted red pepper (from a jar) roughly chopped
3 oz herbed chevre (1 oz set aside for a salad)
1/4 c milk (1%)

While the potatoes boil and soften, throw the rest of the ingredients together. When the potatoes are fork tender, drain and then add to the ingredient bowl and blend thoroughly.

Not only is the dish beautiful, the taste is absolutely out of this world...

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment